[Artemisia] Masked Ball Dance Card

Jeanine Schlauch jeanines at cableone.net
Tue Oct 7 11:32:35 CDT 2014

Greetings to our faire Kingdom!

The good Lady Ursula and I, in conjunction with Master Braden, have come up
the dances for Arn Hold's fabulous Masked Ball in January.

Some of them are really easy, but as a couple will take a bit of learnin',
we've provided the list below to all groups, so you can add them to your
regularly scheduled Dance Practices.  (you do have dance practices,
right?).

And please don't fret - we will be practicing all dances during the day of
the Ball and will walk through each dance in the evening.  *Not knowing the
dance won't be an excuse for not dancing.  ;)*

In addition, for anyone coming to town this weekend - As part of the
upcoming Idaho Renaissance Faire, we will have dance sets on both days at
12.30 and 4.30.  Depending upon the number of Scadians and audience
members, we will be walking through (and dancing) as many items from the
list below that we can.

*Masked Ball Dance List*

*1st Set*

Caer Galen Musical Chairs
Mr. Bevridge's Maggot
Toss the Lady (Official Bransle)
Gathering Peascods
Montarde Bransle
Strip the Willow

*2nd Set*

Rufty Tufty

Maanschaft Pavanne

Trenchmore

Jenny Pluck Pears and/or Reel For Jeannie

Maltese Bransle

Hole in the Wall

*3rd Set*

Picking of Sticks

La Bastringue

Juice of the Barley

Canny Moose
Black Almain

Korabushka

Should you wish to learn a bit faster, here are some Dance links:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance.html

http://www.kwds.org/

Please let us know if you have any questions
Morgan and Ursula

--
--
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved