[Artemisia] Uprising

Starr & Cross Reardon starr.cross.reardon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:20:10 CDT 2015

*A couple notes on Uprising  6/15-21/2015 :*

The next Uprising work party is 5/2. It will mostly involve dirt and cactus
hunting. Bring your gloves, hats, shovels and/or rakes as well as water and
sunscreen.

We are hosting a Bouncy Castle on Saturday afternoon for the youngest
attendees. To this end as well as raising funds for Youth Activities in
general, we are running a GoFundMe. If you can contribute that would be
fantastic but even if you cannot, posting the GoFundMe drive to your family
and friends will help us meet our goals as well.
http://www.gofundme.com/rr2g98
<http://link.email.dynect.net/link.php?H=WpfRqTFmqv45GbmvFQgMtLB7mdAR2keMec7qjqKstHEQL1%2Fa8UWwNKniS0NNGVZNOlgfgFzuAZVfhKGuoGZfH4f%2FeV%2FJ3FfVsx8lGL%2B7dUnf7VrkSIAqEg%3D%3D&G=21&R=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofundme.com%2Frr2g98&I=20150413154530.0CBB1B0DFE2A%40mail6-03-ewr.dyndns.com&X=MHw3NzY2NjI6VEVNUElEXzQyOzF8Nzc2NjYzOlFVRVVFSURfMjMyNjIzMTI4Ow%3D%3D>

We will also be having the Carnival, Youth Olympic, Water Wars, Story/song
hour , T-shirt decorating, and various classes. Children’s Activities will
be close to play ground and the youth combat area and will go by the name
“kids kingdom” to encompass all the activities. We will be open 10-4 daily
and closed for an hour at lunchtime.  Each day will be set up primarily as
individual activities of classes however, there will be something do
whenever you drop by.

Our current pre-reg count is 100. Remember that there is a $10 discount per
adult and $15 discount per family to pre-reg. We really, really need to get
as much pre-reg as possible. Not only will you save a bit of money by
pre-reging, but you will also get a gate book printed for you (for cost)
and included in your packet. Everyone will have the ability to download a
gate book to your computer or cell phone, but if you decided you want a
hard copy, you will have to print it yourself. We will probably print
around 20 gate books to sell onsite , but I wouldn’t depend on having any
left when you get on site.

We will be having several vigils happening on Saturday so plan on a very
busy day that day.

Fighting:

Only Authorized Fighters (Proof of Authorization and valid membership will
be required.) may participate in combat events.  Artemisian Kingdom Law
states you must also be a member of the SCA to fight. This applies to all
forms of non-Youth Combat, so if you are an Artemisian, don't forget your
valid *CURRENT* Membership (blue or white) card, as well as your
Authorization card to Inspection and Lists, as they *WILL* be checked.  We
will honor all current Combat Authorization cards from other Kingdoms in
the Known World. However we will follow Artemisian Rules for combat. Should
you have a question please contact our Rapier Marshal
<rapiermarshal at barony1000eyes.org?subject=Uprising%20Rapier%20Combat%20Question>
or Knight Marshal
<knightmarshal at barony1000eyes.org?subject=Uprising%20Armored%20Combat%20Question>.

New Tournament: *Bacon And Bruises Tournament*
Ever wanted to relax, eat bacon and crepes, and drink margaritas while
watching Dons pummel each other in armor and knights flail about with
rapiers?  Of course you have, who hasn't? Well, now you can!
For the first time, Uprising War brings you the Bacon And Bruises
tournament Friday afternoon immediately following the unbelted tournament.

*Iron Chef:*  The purpose of this Competition is to promote interest in
foods and cookery of the "period" prior to 1600 AD; and to promote period
food and cooking within Artemisia through a fun and friendly competition.
This year’s competition is be based on *Le Viandier De Taillevent. *PLEASE
NOTE - MAJOR FORMAT CHANGES FOR 2015. For more info on the rules, go
here: *http://www.uprisingwar.org/AandS.aspx
<http://www.uprisingwar.org/AandS.aspx>*

I will be posting more teasers as we get closer to Uprising. Start sewing
and armoring as war will be upon us before we know it.
YIS,
Cayleidh bean Tiernbard
Dep Seneschal / Youth Activities
Barony 1000 Eyes