[Artemisia] Missive from Their Royal Majesties

Nikky Scofield claredelacy29 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:57:36 CDT 2015

This is the missive We wrote for the Sage and also read in court at Baron's
War concerning the Calendar Changes. For any who have questions, please
contact us directly at crown at artemisia.sca.org

Greetings Unto the Populace of Artemisia from Their Royal Majesties Ronan &
Clare

For any who could not be in attendance for Grand Court at uprising this
year, We made an announcement concerning the Kingdom Calendar.  After
months of soliciting feedback from you the Populous of Our Great Kingdom
your voices have been heard.  Two thirds of those who took the online
polling, wrote us an email, or spoke to us in private felt a change was
needed and well over 80% wanted to see Coronations pre bid.  This is done
in the hopes to reduce costs for last minute sites and to make it easier to
plan travel and lodging ahead of time.  Given the desire of the Populous
that a meaningful change occur and taking into account the Known World
calendar and those of our neighboring Kingdoms, it is Our decision to
change the dates of Coronations back to Artemisia’s original months of
January and July.  It is our hope that this shift in schedule will more
equally distribute the travel and financial burden and requirements of the
Crown and Heirs by splitting the court and camping seasons.  This will also
allow each reign at least one War that they may attend in or with a
neighboring Kingdom.  We would like to thank everyone who offered their
feedback for this and other important matters.