[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 136, Issue 7

Christine Fitzgerald catherineasherbeck03 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 14:25:41 CST 2015

The SCA has always been promoted as a family friendly group.
 That being said not all autocrats should have to supply activities for the kinder. But they should have at the very least, a place where the kids can play.
 If you bring your children, you should also bring their entertainment too. Even if the event  says that the are things for the kids to do. It is the responsibility of the parents &/or guardians to take care of the children with them, no matter their age. And please dress them in period dress. As well as supply them with period looking toys! It's not that hard to do. I have done it for over 30 years. All it takes is a little planning & a little work.
 And don't tell me you don't have the time or the money to put a kid in a tunic & find a few toys that are period for them to play with! If you can do it for yourself you can certainly do it for them!  The lack of dress & period looking toys is the main reason that some people don't want kids at events. The second reason is those that bring their children & them just let them run wild. If you have kids build them into your persona. Remember your children are YOUR responsibility not the Autocrats or the groups!   Just us sounding off!     Lady Cate & Sir Fitz