[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 136, Issue 7

Kayla Williams kmwilliams0802 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 02:14:20 CST 2015

We have different opinions on children. Because I am a parent of 3 children
I understand when other parents bring their children to restaurants, they
don't bother me, but the parents do! You assume that all children are messy
and would ruin a fancy outfit. One we can't afford fancy outfits and two we
didn't have issues with children last year at the ball, it was the teens
that took over our table. Put their feet on our things and threw my
children's hot chocolate cups around getting drops on my cloak and hitting
me with them! My children are better behaved than most I've seen because we
enforce our rules with them. I've had plenty of people tell me let them
loose at events that they didn't mind. It was nice! This is not the first
issue I've had with arn hold. Its just one more thing added on. Fact is we
were thinking of attending the ball again only to find out we can't because
our children are not welcome, therefore we are not welcome. Its like we are
being punished because we are parents! And no we would not have felt
awkward or out of place for having the only children there. I will never
feel awkward for being a parent! Baby sitters are expensive and I want to
be able to enjoy all sca events I bring my children too. They are paid
members and therefore have the right to attend all events.