[Artemisia] Raptor War is this weekend! Here are a few reminders.

Diane Donald diane.j.donald at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:48:20 CDT 2015

Hi friends!

Aonghus and I visited our awesome site yesterday and it is going to be
perfect for Raptor War.  Here are a few reminders before the event.

***Please make sure to bring your bug spray, since there are a few
mosquitoes on site.

***If you like, there is a nice spot to swim in the snake river where the
springs feed into it.  The water is cold but gorgeous.  Bring your bathing
suit, and remember that you swim at your own risk, it is not part of our
event.

***We are having a baked potato bar for Friday dinner.  I will be sending
an email reminder to those of you who have volunteered to bring pre-baked
potatoes and/or chili.  If you are not bringing one of those things, please
bring a topping based on your first letter of your SCA name:

A - D butter
E - H sour cream or cottage cheese
I - M sautéed veggies or fresh veggies for topping,
N - S bacon bits or fake-on bits,
T - Z shredded cheese (or cheese sauce)

***There will be plenty of camping space, and room for all your cool
banners and decorations.  Let's make this site look awesome for the
outgoing and incoming Baronages.

***THE KINGDOM FINANCIAL DISCUSSION IS FRIDAY NIGHT AT 6:30.  Per Their
Majesties it will only last one hour.  If you care to discuss financial
matters, that's the time to do it.

***If you have period board games (chess, checkers, parcheesi, snakes and
ladders, nine men's morris, go, etc.)  or outdoor/sport type games
(badminton, bocce etc.) please feel free to bring them.  There will be room
and this is a war games themed event.

***Bring your goods for the SCA garage sale to benefit the Kingdom.

***The Burger Burn will take place on Saturday evening.  Cost is $5.  Bring
a dessert to share and bring your own beverage.

***There will be a bardic competition during dinner, so get your
songs/stories/jokes/acrobatics/whatever ready!

Thanks to everyone who has helped us prepare for the event.

Yours in Service,

Lady Ursula

Find social networking, blog, and etsy links at www.
<http://goog_1339990995/>about.me/diane.j.donald