[Artemisia] Kingdom Financial Crisis

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Tue Jun 9 12:43:01 CDT 2015

I admit my post was  snarky.   I sent in my letter in April, and hadn't
heard or seen any response.  A simple:" the Financial Committee will meet
<this date> and we will respond to all inquiries at/after  that time."
Would have been polite,  Instead of "dead air."

I'm concerned that only 3 letters were sent to the Financial Committee,
especially after the postings of discussions on different  sites.   Having a
meeting at Uprising is not a good answer  -- various people, including me,
interested in participating in this discussion won't be at Uprising.
Uprising is not good for holding these types of business meetings when
people come to play & socialize.  What is so horrible about holding a
discussion HERE?

I  find it ironic that our Shire Reeve complained that she was questioned on
our recent event's budget for "general supplies"  of less than $50.00, and
yet  the 2014  Kingdom budget for "General Supplies"  of $1705  goes
unexplained.

The Financial  Committee  has asked  the Populace for "input & ideas" for a
"realistic fiscal outlook,"   but we really need to understand how the
crisis came about, before we can  help create a plan.    I'm copying this to
the financial address as well  -- so hopefully a discussion can be created
here,  and not just a meeting at Uprising.

A Servant of Artemisia,
Caointiarn