[Artemisia] Kingdom Financial Crisis

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Wed Jun 10 08:18:58 CDT 2015

I did not respond, because it is very hard to have a valid discussion without actual figures and a past and proposed/current budget to compare.  I know what the budget was when I was Kingdom Seneschal, and how close to the red it ran then...I can only surmise that our base coffers are much lower since our base expenses (especially in travel reimbursement) have nearly tripled since then, and words were made publically about those changes.  Not knowing how much our kingdom events made (or didn't make) plays directly into that too.  If our events are not being run well, then nothing comes in to replace what you spend on them.  Fundraisers will help but aren't going to save the kingdom (eventually your populace will run out of disposable income, if they had any), solid fiscal management, a reasonable budget and a level headed financial policy will.  It's hard times and we need to tighten the belts to survive.  If the KFC wants good input...then give us the complete data.  It's public information.

Juliana
BSK