[Artemisia] test

gregero gregero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:48:32 CDT 2015

> Does SCA, Inc. consider a FB page "official" now?
>

> Alan

My understanding is there are "official" group facebook pages, a practice
sanctioned and overseen by the SCA Inc. via the social media officers.
Posting ability to those are limited to a certain set of officers.
Information posted on them is considered official.  This doesn't supersede
the rules in place about information required to be published in
newsletters.  That's my understanding and likely has some holes. Rhys
probably has the more nuanced answer as the Kingdom Social Media Officer.

To be truly honest, IMO this is a technology issue that the SCA is going to
be forced to address more comprehensively if the desire is to be able draw
in new members.  Millennials and the next generation expect a completely
different type of communication that we're used to (and that doesn't mean
primarily Facebook). That isn't to say email lists are ineffective, just
not what younger people desire.

Gregory