[Artemisia] Winning or Just Not Losing?

Richard Samul scascot at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 11:56:05 CDT 2015

I have witnessed a Crown in this Kingdom where the reverse happened: it wasn't that the victor didn't take shots, it was that his opponent didn't fight to his normal standards. It was as if the person "threw" the fight, putting up just enough to make it look good while leaving themselves open to kill shots and not capitalizing on openings his opponent presented.

Whether or not it was exhaustion on his part, I cannot say, but everyone who viewed my video of the fight (now lost, it was that long ago) all questioned what was going on. It was that obvious, and I viewed it as an insult to all those he had faced in earlier rounds to make the finals.

If you enter Crown, it should be with the intent to win, and to win honorably. We who you intend to rule do watch, and are inspired or discouraged by the manner in which you win. And that will set the tone for your reign.

Disclosure: I am not a fighter, but rather a rotund Scotsman and maker of mead. My opinions may not be yours.

Sent from my iPhone