[Artemisia] test

Mark Chapman whitewolf at lolopeak.com
Tue Sep 29 14:55:21 CDT 2015

Just went and looked at the Kingdom web page  (http://artemisia.sca.org).
There is no list of combatants on the Crown Tournament announcement page.
There is a news page, but the last posting there was Sept 19 about
Viscount Etienne Dupre's Tournament on Sept 26th.
The Kingdom web page is apparently not as up to date as one might hope.

When someone simply wants to get out information e-mail, is a simple answer.
It does not require hunting thru FB pages, that might or might not have
the information.
In this case when there is a Crown Tournament FB page, I guess I
expected it to have the list of those participating.
Never occurred to me that I needed to go to the "official FB page" to
find it.   My error.

It is truly unfortunate that e-mail has become "only used sporadically",
how can we bring it back to life?
Information does not need to be "official" to be useful.

FB is a maize of junk, with occasional useful information, I use it, but
really hate it!

Ådne

On 9/28/2015 9:31 PM, Jennie F wrote:
> Truly if we were to go back to basics then this email list would also go to
> the wayside.
> It is absolutely not any sort of official information source for the
> kingdom.
>
> The sage, the kingdom website and the official kingdom Facebook page are
> technically the only official sources of information, and they are
> maintained by kingdom officers.
>
> This email group is nice, and it's still utilized sporadically but it's not
> required that information be posted to it. Never was.
>
> Fia

---