[Artemisia] The Party - Formally known as Uprising

Duke Alan dukealan at q.com
Sun May 15 23:59:50 CDT 2016

Hello All,

The Party, formally known as Uprising (at least for this year), will have the same dates at the now-cancelled "official" Uprising, at this point in time, the fee schedule will be the same.  We will still be having merchants, and all the normal activies.

We anticipate a smaller crowd this year, due to 50th Year Celebration (in hot, humid, distant Indiana).  As a result, we'll be able to do all the parking on the farm grounds.  No more LONG walk to get to your vehicles.

We would like tohave all the fun of Uprising at the Party, but none of the hassles.  To almost everyone's great joy, there will be no courts, as this is a Non-SCA party.  We will get together with our friends in medieval garb, camp, fight, feast, and enjoy each other's company.

Should be fun.  There will be no shower truck, but the canal is nice and cool.  Swim at your own risk....  in fact, everything is at your own risk.  But ultimately, isn't the case already?  SCA insurance doesn't cover YOU, it covers the property owners.

We welcome ideas and will need some help to pull this off, but I bet we can!  Also we'd love to have people do some classes and share their talents with others.

More to come.  Thanks for your consideration!

Alan