[Artemisia] The 1000 Eyes Sword of State is missing

Elfwyn Starrsdottir elfwynthedane at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 16:25:48 CDT 2017

Posted with permission of His Grace Alan Youngforest, Baron of 1000 Eyes:
Please cross-post as appropriate around the Kingdom.
Have you seen this sword?
The Sword of State for the Barony of 1000 Eyes is presently missing. It is a very large, plain, and heavy steel sword, about 4 feet long. It has a large silver roundel-style pommel and straight cross hilt, the grip is black. The sheath is also black and has metal fittings.  It was gifted to the Barony of 1000 Eyes in the autumn of 2015, so many people have been unaware the Barony even had it. Please note, this is NOT the same as the Sword of the Baronial Warlord or the Sword of the Baroness’ Champion, both of which are currently accounted for.
The sword seems to have disappeared on or before the night of July 12, 2016, when the Baronial regalia was turned over during the monthly business meeting at the Police Annex in Pocatello. Quite a few people helped move gear that night, so it is most likely that it simply got misplaced in the confusion (it does not bear any obvious 1000 Eyes symbols, as the sword was meant to get further decoration over time), so it probably was just put with other stuff by mistake during the unloading and transferral process, and whomever has ended up with it doesn’t know who owns it, and thus doesn’t know where it should be returned. It may have ended up in a part of the Kingdom quite distant from 1000 Eyes (the Barony of Sentinel’s Keep and the Barony of Gryphon’s Lair being the most likely, due to the event schedule that summer) since Artemisians do a great deal of travel at that time of year.
There are photos on Facebook or I can send you one privately, since I don't think I can attach one for this mailing list.
If you have seen this sword at ANY time after MARCH 2016, PLEASE send me a pm, even if you don’t know its current whereabouts.
I can give greater details to positively identify the sword if anyone has found it.
Many thanks!
Yours in Service to the Dream, Elfwyn the Dane