[Artretinue] Option for Gryphon's Fury

Kay Moore arrowyn at msn.com
Thu Aug 14 18:27:39 CDT 2003

To All Whom These Presents Come -  don't cancel your scheduled time off
yet!!!

Due to the most unfortunate circumstance of Gryphon's Fury being cancelled,
and all the many months of hard work by the GF Committee and so many others
lost - we have an option for those who have already scheduled their work
time off and would still like to go to an event (unofficial though it may
be).

Crystal Crags has a lovely 10-acre ranch just 3 miles south of Columbia
Falls, privately owned by our own M'lord Eli.   Wooded areas for camping, a
lovely grassy and shaded area for merchants, a central bonfire for evening
entertainments, and a slightly wooded pasture perfect for heavy fighting
scenarios.  There is potable water on-site and available.  We are
constructing a cold-water shower facility, and we will have privvies.  Pets
are allowed at no extra charge, but please be prepared to clean up after
your pet.

There is an axe-throwing area already set up, archery, and if there is
enough interest we will arrange an eric for rapier.  We know already that we
will have a wonderful Hafla for Saturday night with many dancers, so bring
your drums and any other musical instrument!  There will be a welcoming
kitchen Friday nite, all merchants are welcome, and bardic entertainments
throughout.

THIS WILL OBVIOUSLY BE AN *UNOFFICIAL EVENT*, but all SCA rules apply.

Again, while we all mourn the loss of GF this year, and appreciate all the
effort that went into it, perhaps you might consider coming to this and
having some fun after all!

The site fee will be $7 per person - kids free!  for the entire weekend (and
that is only to cover the costs of privvies which are at a premium right
now).  If there are no nay-sayers, ome of that money may be used to procure
a keg!  Since this is an unofficial event, there is NO $3 NMS.

DIRECTIONS:   Best route to Columbia Falls - there will be signs to guide
you!  At the intersection of Hwy 206 and 35 (Woody's C-Store) go north about
5 miles to Trap Road.  Go west about 1/2 mi.  On the south side of the road
is a huge log gateway, turn in there.  Be sure to veer to the right.

RSVP would be great,  and we hope to see many of you here August 21-24!!