[Artretinue] Event Announcement!!

Kay Moore arrowyn at msn.com
Wed Jul 30 21:07:05 CDT 2003

                                                           GALLOW GAMES
                                         CRYSTAL CRAGS' ANNUAL HARVEST
EVENT!
                                                           Sept. 26th - 28th

Welcome one and all to Crystal Crags' annual Harvest event - for lo these
many years known as The Maze, Dragon's Maze, or, most recently - due to a
typographical error, Gallow Games!

This year's event will be held on a lovely, private 10-acre wooded manor
just a few miles south of Columbia Falls, with acres of flat ground perfect
for the intended melees and fighting scenarios!

Some of the activities and entertainments we have planned for you include:

Axe throwing
Archery
Blind Man's Bluff  (adult version as well as Youth version!)
Hangman's Noose (timed skills game)
Saturday Evening -Torchlight Rapier Tourney
Saturday Evening - Heavy Fighter's Auction and Tournament
Melees throughout the weekend - both heavy and rapier
Possibility of an Equestrian Procession on both nights!!!!

Our other Fundraiser will be the Town Stocks (bribery and ransoms work for
everyone!  Pies possible!

And finally, our A&S Championship will also be held.  This will be open to
ALL interested parties from all corners of the Kingdom.  The prize for our
Arts and Sciences Champion will befit their skills and honored position!

There will be fine prizes awarded during the Heavy Fighter's Auction - both
bidder and competitor will receive prizes, and the Auction will run
similarly to the Auction at Uprising.  This is a CAMPING event.  There will
be water available, but you may wish to bring your own.  Privvies on-site,
no showers available.  Plenty of parking, pets allowed on leash, NOT a
handicap-friendly site, so be prepared.  Above ground fires weather
permitting.  No feast, but welcoming soup kitchen and light fare Saturday
afternoon, and the site is WET!!!.

The cost for this entire weekend of fun, fighting and melees is a mere $10
for members, $13 for non-members, 1/2 price for children under 10,
babes-in-arms free!

DIRECTIONS:  Best route to junction of MT 206 and Hwy 35 (east of Kalispell
from the Swan area)  That corner is known as Woody's - there is a golf
course there.   From Kalispell, take Hwy 2 East (also known as Idaho St.)
past Super 1, thru the big  intersection there are continue east about 5
miles to the junction of 206 and Hwy 35 (again, "Woody's").   Take 206 north
to Trapp Rd - turn left and go about 1/2 mile.   There will be ample signs
posted!

The Shire will gift the person travelling the furthest with a Pass for the
weekend!

Site opens Noon Friday, and closes at dusk on Sunday.

Event Steward:    M'lord Cade ap Iago, 406/755-7279 or
sonofamitch324 at hotmail.com

Info and Reservations:     HLWillum Halfhand, halfhand42 at msn.com
                                   Duchess Arrowyn, 406/892-1971 or
arrowyn at msn.com