[Blgspops] Music Committee - anyone interested?

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Thu Jul 31 20:44:48 CDT 2014

Greetings all!

I hope everyone is having a good, safe and fun summer.

It's time to start thinking about music for our fall and winter concerts.

Here's our current fall/winter calendar, as published at our last
performance/meeting in May:

> August 28 -- Potluck/Business meeting/hand out new music [ordered by
> music committee]
>
> September and October -- rehearsals. Reserve Library room around
> September 18
>
> Need publicity for concert as well as pushing for applications for the
> Myles White Scholarship.
>

> October 30 (Thursday) -- Fall Concert. Spooky/scary theme music
> (decided on by music committee in the summer) a strong possibility.
> Venue: St Luke's or the Library. Fundraiser for the Scholarship fund
> in conjunction -- need ideas/someone to plan and execute.
>
> November -- rehearsals. Christmas music from the library, probably one
> or two pieces from fall concert for our 'spotlight' pieces. Subject to
> change, depending on what the Chanters will be performing and if we
> will be accompanying any special performers.
>
> December -- rehearsals and concert.
>
> Dec 4 and 11 at St Luke's -- hopefully with singers
>
> Dec 12 (Friday) Tech/Dress rehearsal at Alberta Bair
>
> Dec 14 (Sunday) Voices of Christmas concert at Alberta Bair
>
> Dec 18 (Thursday) -- request from Aspen View for a Christmas concert
>
> WINTER BREAK -- December 19, 2014 through Jan 7, 2015.

You will notice the very first date says 'hand out new music (ordered by
music committee)'. That means we need the music committee to get
together sometime early in August so we can order anything new.

SO.

John has Tuesday evening, August 5, free on his calendar, anytime after
7 pm. Anyone who wants to be in on the music choices for this year is
more than welcome to attend. John said that at a minimum he needs help
putting music back in order so we can find things again, so consider
this also a plea for help in sorting and filing of our existing library.

Hope to see people next Tuesday!

Jacquie Ziegler
President