[Blgspops] Calendar look-ahead for Spring

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Jan 3 18:16:55 CST 2014

Greetings all!

The Board and Officer meeting last night went really well. Thanks to all
who attended! Joan, our Secretary, took excellent notes and will have
the meeting minutes available by next week (in some format).

There are some things we need input from the full orchestra on, and this
is a chance for you to look over
your personal calendars so we can make an informed decision this coming
Thursday.

We looked over the School District #2 calendar, both for general dates
and the specific dates set for middle and high school concerts.

There are several dates that are relatively open.

For a Thursday night concert (this would likely be at St Luke's), May 8
or 15 are open.

For a Saturday afternoon concert (venue a bit more open/undecided), May
11 or 18 would be good, as well.

SO, we need to decide if we want a Thursday evening performance or a
Saturday afternoon one, and which date works best for as many of us as
possible. If there are other ideas for places to perform, those ideas
would be good to hear as well. One possibility put forward was to see if
the new Billings Public Library would be amenable to a performance - not
necessarily our Spring one, but certainly an option.

Lincoln Center has also been suggested, as the main auditorium is still
used for lots of things. First Congregational Church Fellowship Hall
(where we rehearsed the week before our Christmas concert this year and
where we did our Rock & Roll Concert in 2012) is also an option.

John will be posting a list of music to bring for the first rehearsal.

Schedule for Jan 9:

6:15 pm Hall open for anyone who wants to come early. With no real
response to the potluck idea, if you do want to bring some munchies
(maybe leftover cookies or treats from the holidays?) to have out before
the business meeting portion, please do so. The church has lots of paper
napkins so we can keep our fingers clean.

6:45 pm business meeting to discuss concert date/place for this Spring
and bring everyone up to speed on
the rest of the yearly business.

7:15 pm start rehearsal. More on that from John.

See everyone Thursday!

Jacquie Ziegler
President/Flute