[Blgspops] Concert space (?) at new Billings Public Library

Ginny Waples waplesv at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 15:33:36 CST 2014

Fellow Poppers,
I was touring the new Billings Public Library this morning and took a look at a space that the BPO could potentially use as a spring concert venue.

The new Library has a large  room on the 1st floor that can be reserved for meetings and events.  I am attaching a photo that I took today.
The photo shows it set up with tables and chairs, but the tables can easily be folded up and moved out of the way, and the library has many additional chairs.  The room seats about 150.  The room includes a mike and a projection screen.

The space includes an alcove that has a refrigerator, microwave and sink, and it is OK for a group to serve refreshments.  The group is, of course, responsible for cleaning up after itself.

The room will open up to a small, enclosed patio (not yet completed), so in good weather, a group using the space can also open up to the outdoors in that manner.

The person who showed me the room thought there would be no charge  for a purpose like ours (free concert; nonprofit group; open to the public)--she wasn't positive about that & we would have to check.

If the BPO would like to perform there, we should contact the Public Library to make a reservation as soon as we have a date or dates in mind.

Ginny Waples