[Blgspops] Upcoming rehearsal and concert info

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Apr 25 01:18:43 CDT 2014

Greetings!

Reminders:

May 1, rehearsal at the church, 7 pm to 9 pm. I'm usually there by 6:15
pm, always by 6:30 pm to open the hall.

May 8, rehearsal at the Billings Public Library, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
This is a tech/dress rehearsal for our concert.
For both the rehearsal and the concert, we are in the Large Community Room.

May 10, concert at the Billings Public Library. Concert starts at 2 pm,
we have the room from 12:30 pm so we can
set up chairs and get ready.

Dress for the concert is to be all black.

We are planning a cookie sale fundraiser to go with the free concert
(free-will offering basket will be out as usual).
Hope to have people willing to provide cookies for the sale, no one has
really said much about this yet. Cookies
are the easiest thing to throw together, however, so please think on this.

Parking at the library. There is a lot across N 28th that is available
free of charge, if there are spaces open.
There are also on-street parking at meters, but remember no need to feed
the meters after 5 pm or on weekends.
Those with larger instruments might want to car-pool or designate
someone to drop off instruments near the entrance
while others park.

May 31, for those who are not already committed to graduations or other
such things, at 2 pm at the Masonic building
at the corner of 13th and Broadwater (the cube building on the corner of
the lot where the Shrine Auditorium is) we will
be playing in one room for an open house. John suggests we reprise our
concert play list, but if we only have a smaller
group ( a chamber group or so ) we might want to think about bringing
along some of our other pieces - Academic
Festival Overture, Radetsky March, Go West, some of our older standbys.
Just a thought.

That's all for now. I'll be sending out the draft of the program tomorrow.

Jacquie Ziegler
President