[Blgspops] April 30th Concert

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Sat Apr 18 17:21:00 CDT 2015

April 30, 2015 Spring Concert
All black or 'Dress black' so the guys can wear suit and tie? Decide
this Thursday for sure.
Music start at 7:30 pm - we will have an intermission to present the
scholarship winners with ceremonial certificatesand give more
opportunities for buying cookies.
Yes, Julie S you may bake as much as you want. :-D
Alma (piano) has agreed to coordinate the cookie sale - we'll finalize
stuff this Thursday.
All of the scholarship applicants and their families and music
teachers have been invited to the concert.

CONCERT PLAY LIST:
Russian Sailor's Dance
Fanfare Rondeau
Overture to Royal Fireworks Music
A Dance of Clowns
Norwegian Dance No 2
BREAK for Scholarship presentation
The Eagles on Tour
Rosamunde Overture *** ADDED - bring your old music or let me know
ASAP if you need a new copy ***
Radestky March  *** ADDED - bring your old music or let me know ASAP
if you need a new copy ***
Rock and Roll Classics  *** ADDED - bring your old music or let me
know ASAP if you need a new copy *** THIS WAS A STRING ONLY PIECE - we
added brass and woodwind and percussion

Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Go West!

We'll keep on working on Les Miserables for next year - one suggestion
that I got last Thursday was that we could do 'old and new Broadway'
for next Fall - we have the music for Phantom of the Opera to go along
with Les Miserables and also The King and I. These are just the ones I
can remember right now - I think we might have others also. Just
something to consider.

Don't forget that we are booked for Aug 22 in Lavina for hte 100th
anniversary of the Masonic Lodge. That's a Saturday and we'll be
playing about noon outdoors under a tent. Look for info in early
August on a rehearsal time (or two?) prior to that. The Music
Committee will meet right about the first of August to discuss play
lists for Lavina as well as the Fall Concert.
I'll have a full calendar for next year worked up by Thursday.
See everyone at rehearsal!

Jacquie ZieglerPresident