[Blgspops] Summer rehearsals

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Jun 16 19:29:15 CDT 2017

	So, only three people showed up last night. We sat around and talked
about potential ways to get new people to join us as well as gamed out
a couple of things for the rest of the summer.

	Julie M will be at the church next Thursday, with music for the three
pieces that we want to work on for Don's 50th party. I'll be out of
town for this one Thursday, but will be in town for all subsequent
Thursdays.

	The three pieces, unless there are objections, will be:

	Rock and Roll Classics

	1812 Overture (Themes)

	Eine Kleine Nachtmusick

	The party is on August 5, but I still need a solid time and place for
the shindig!

	What I'd like to do is this:

	I'll be at the church every Thursday starting June 29 and have the
hall open. Anyone who wants to come and work on any of the above three
pieces, or who wants to bring new people in to look over the music,
should try and make at least a couple of rehearsals between then and
the end of July. We REALLY need to have people show up and rehearse so
we don't sound like a bunch of elementary school students who don't
know one end of our instruments from another!

	August 3 John has said he can be at the church to fine-tune us for
the party. SO, even if you can't make a rehearsal before that, August
3 is a must. Two days later we perform for Don's 50th and then we all
take a break for a few weeks.

	The end of August, on the 31st, we can then have our traditional
beginning of fall potluck at John's and have our annual business
meeting. Regular weekly rehearsals will start in September as usual
after that. At that meeting we can vote on our calendar for the year
in terms of when we want to do a concert and what sort of music we
want to perform for it.

 Jacquie Ziegler

	President