[Blgspops] Water Music info

linmhc linmhc at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 14:51:51 CDT 2018

SmartMusic is a program for band and orchestra that shows music on screen and you play your part along with the recorded orchestra (it is part of the program) or alone. It records you and marks the music where you missed notes, rhythms, pitches. You can set the speed slower for practice then increase it as you improve. It is 40 for a year subscription. Linda Champlin

-------- Original message --------From: Jacquie Ziegler <shauna.baroness at gmail.com> Date: 3/16/18  10:49 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: blgspops at lists.gallowglass.org Subject: [Blgspops] Water Music info
Last night at rehearsal, Judy (cello) mentioned a program she knew of
that let you listen to major works (like Water Music) with individual
parts that you could slow down to hear better.

She sent me this:

Cyber Bass is apparently just a learning program for singers.  It does
have all the major works, but for voice parts only, not for
instruments.  Too bad, it is so handy.  Please let the group know that I
am sorry, but it is apparently not for instruments.  There may be a
similar one for learning the orchestra parts, but will have to research
that.  You Tube seems like our best bet.

Thanks, Judy

SO, a bit more research is needed. If I find a good link (or anyone else
does and passes it along to me) I can send that out to people.

We'll work on parts 4, 5 and 6 of Water Music next Thursday, the 22nd.

RESTATING:

NO Rehearsal on the 29th of March. That is Maundy Thursday and the
church as a major service that night.

Will remind people again!

Hope to see everyone next week.

Jacquie Ziegler