[Ek_fiber] new member

Diane Sawyer Dooley tasha_medvedeva at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 11:38:01 CDT 2005

--- Sandilonglegs at aol.com wrote:

> Hi, I'm Julienne Marguerite La Grande of the
> Tadcaster Militia in the  Barony
> of Bhakail.
>
> My interest in joining this guild is to learn to
> work with wool in order to
> make a wide band or "belly band" for the Yurt I am
> currently working on.   Any
> help at all in this direction would be appreciated.
> I think it would  need
> to be woven, but, I'm not clear on that.

{snip}

Ply-split braiding might well be the way to go for
you.  Personally, I use a length of manila rope for
mine, but I wouldn't mind an outer band that works
better (and leaves fewer splinters in my hands).  At
this point, I just don't have the time or energy (or
opportunity) to make one.

Tasha
who also built her own ger