[Ek_fiber] Re: Badge

Diane Sawyer Dooley tasha_medvedeva at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 23:08:56 CDT 2005

Oh, please, let's not.  I'm terribly sorry, but that's
very much stereotypical SCA heraldry -- my life as my
badge.  I know this is a fiber guild, but there's no
reason to display every single thing we do on one
single badge.

If we must have a fiber-related charge, what's wrong
with a woolpack, or woolcombs?  The woolpack might be
more difficult, since it conflicts with pillows and
cushions, but there are no woolcombs at all in the
Ordinary.  Or a fleece?
(http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/B399.html)
Shears?
http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/shear.html

There are any number of textile-related charges that
are sorely underused, anyway.  I would strongly
counsel against using more than two -- it'd get
rejected as slot-machine heraldry, anyway.

Tasha
your friendly neighborhood heraldic string-freak