[Ek_fiber] Please allow me to introduce myself...

jh_grace at comcast.net jh_grace at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 14:00:20 CDT 2005

I'm a man of wealth and taste... Or so the song goes. Unfortunately all my wealth is tied up in fiber.

I learned to knit while hospitalized at age 17. The first thing I knitted was an aran sweater for my then 8-yo brother. Nothing like jumping in at the deep end. The sweater survived at least 3 kids before I lost track of it.

I'm now in my mid-50s, single parent of a 15 yo boy, about to join the SCA (East Kingdom) and head out for my second Pennsic.

In the years since that first sweater I've become "addicted to string"  and in addition to knitting, do various forms of embroidery, crochet, sew (well someone's got to make the garb in the household), spin, tablet weave and soon will have a real loom to work with.

Spinning and knitting are my favorite parts of fiber arts at the moment. I have 2 wheels, half-dozen spindles, several fleeces waiting to be spun and one waiting to be washed, and at least 3 knitting projects in process.

Geoffrey of Walsinghame
(mundanely known as J.)