[Ek_fiber] 56 members strong -

Sarah Fiedler sarah at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jun 27 00:44:04 CDT 2005

Clearly, this is good.

We need to do a bit of steering, I think, now that there are so many of
us.  We need some services that are not yet available to us from the
Kingdom.  I'm speaking about web space.  When we have a charter and it
is signed by the Crown, I believe we are entitled to web space on the EK
server.  Who wants to focus on this task straightaway?  And do any among
us want to spearhead the effort of drafting a charter to be presented
for consideration to the Royals?

I see the need for some file space on a server for us for the storage of
images and patterns for sharing.  A list of names and specialties -
perhaps interests and topics about which individuals can teach would be
nice.  I like the calendar page that the Metalworker's Guild has on
their web page.  It shows the next few events coming up and who is
planning to go to them.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some very compelling
reasons, too.

I have asked about trying to get the above mentioned web space a bit
early and will let you know what I find out. In the meantime, who wants
to be drafting verbiage in the next couple of weeks?

Pax,
Sarah