[EKStationers] Greetings!

Heather Gray March.Hare at Verizon.net
Thu Dec 1 11:22:48 CST 2005

Welcome Marion!

I'm Elwynne, one of many folks on this list.  A good place to start looking
at some things would be Raffaella's site that she set up for the EK
Stationers:
http://home.comcast.net/~ekstationers/index.html

Haven't had a chance to do much with it, but for papermaking there's a book,
_The Papermaker's Companion: The Ultimate Guide to Making and Using Handmade
Paper_, by Helen Hiebert (modern, but useful) and another book,
_Papermaking: The History and Technique of an Ancient Craft_, by Dard
Hunter.  Not bad places to start, and no doubt you'll find more as you go
along.

One note on linen, if you decide you want to save linen lint and scraps to
try to make your own -- don't use fabric softener/anti-static sheets. Some
people automatically throw that sheet in the dryer, but you want the lint to
be free of modern chemicals, etc., so I figure it's worth mentioning.

Cheers,
Elwynne