[EKStationers] Limp Binding Project

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Wed Dec 21 08:21:06 CST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Apolloniavoss wrote:

> Would you consider this to be a beginner's project?  I
> haven't actually done any binding yet.

I'd consider this project to be beginning to intermediate.
Among other things, there may be a term or two that I've tucked
into the instructions that assume that the reader has at least
read about bookbinding before (BTW, if anyone spots these, please
let me know).

If you haven't done _any_ bindings yet, and want to try this one,
I'd suggest that you do Lady Ding Li Ying's binding first
(http://www.allboundup.com/journal_how.php), since the two
bindings are very similar.  I taught a class on two bindings
several weeks ago, one of which was based on her binding style,
and was able to teach her binding from start to finish in an
hour.

> I will not be able to help with a 12th night deadline.  I've
> got a Persian cloud collar to finish.  <sorry> I'd LOVE to
> try this out, but not yet.

That's fine, Apollonia. As I said, I understand that people might
have other projects that they're doing.

BTW, I would _love_ to see that cloud collar when you've finished
it.  I'll see if I can find you at 12th Night.

Lyle

--
Lyle H. Gray
gray at cs.umass.edu -- text only, please