[Ekstationers] Beginnings of this List

Helen Pinto hpinto at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 6 20:33:43 CST 2005

Greetings-
I'm Aidan ni Leir, recently re-located to the Canton of Steltonwald in
AEthelmearc, formerly from Ostgardr in the East.  There is interest here as
well, but nothing organized, and since Lyle invited me, here I am.
I'm an old C&I person, but more of a binder now for the last six or seven
years (although the locals got me back in last summer after an eighteen-year
hiatus).  I'm interested in bookbinding, primarily the practical, work-a-day
bindings, as opposed to treasure bindings, all sorts of medieval and
Renaissance office equipment and furniture, writing implements, early
mechanical printing, the spread of technology, trade routes, paper, Ebru,
Japanese bindings, and C&I, of course.  In other words, mostly everything.
I regularly teach several different bookbinding and calligraphy classes at
Pennsic and AEthelmearc AEcademy, and taught at EKU befure I moved, so I may
have already met some of you.  I bind books on commission, and have a
sporadic business selling longstitch-bound blank books.
So much to learn, so little time.
                          -Aidan