[EKStationers] Hi, I'm from Highland Foorde, Atlantia

Dorothea Mordan chandler at smart.net
Mon Feb 7 21:15:03 CST 2005

Hello the List,

I am Dorothea.  I, my husband Ed, his two daughters Emily & Alycia are
in Highland Foorde, Atlantia, specifically Woodsboro Maryland, near
Frederick. I heard of this list today from our A&S person, Alessandra.
I have not met anyone in my area working with paper making,
bookbinding, marbling. Lot's of scribes though!

We are in our first couple of years of SCA membership.

My interests are in all things paper & ink, watercolor, etc. I have 20+
years in fine arts & archival framing. In the last year or so I have
been applying my skills more specifically to books. I make marble
paper, recently some suminagashi projects. I've been making these into
marble covered Japanese accordion fold books and selling them at my
business as well as SCA events. I have the seed of an idea to do some
paper making for kids (of all ages) at All Things Marshall this summer,
which will be in Bright Hills almost to the PA line. Later this summer
will be my first Pennsic & I'm not quite ready to teach a class but I'd
like to get together with whomever I can. We are pretty mobile as a
family and if there is a get together somewhere in EK I'd try to get
there. We can get to most parts of PA easily enough.

This page on my site has some 12th night 2005 photos of some things Ed
& I worked on (as well as a marzipan piece by an artist named Martel).
One of my marbled pieces is at the end of the page.

http://www.cdlimited.com/Pages/History/SCA.html

Nice to meet you all,

Dorothea

Dorothea C. Mordan
Chandler Designs
800-529-8475
www.cdlimited.com
Note cards, prints, photo albums, sketch books, picture framing, photo
retouch