[EKStationers] Vade Mecums

Helen Pinto hpinto at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 8 12:22:22 CST 2005

The picture I mentioned is an especially good one, since one of the pages is
opened up, and it's easy to deduce the directions of the folds from it.  I
can only guess at the actual number of leaves since I don't know how many
are under the open sheet, but several, at least, are on top.  This one has a
velvet cover that got loved to death- it's missing a lot of its pile.
Funny you should mention the hanging strings on the pouches- pouches without
them are right up there with cutting your meat with a dagger.  After more
than thirty years of trying, there are still people I can't convince about
the strings or that there is a difference between a belt knife and a dagger.
Untying strings is merely an inconvenience compared to cutting your thumb
every time you bear down on your meat...
                              -Aidan