[EKStationers] Intro from Elise

Corinne Lewandowski corinne.lewandowski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:06:34 CST 2005

  Hello,
   I'm Elise ferch Morgan ap Owen and live in the Barony of
Ruantallan. I am apprenticed to Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood, whose
work inspires me greatly.
   Hmmm. I am interested in everything. Sometimes this is a problem,
sometimes not. : )
   I' was introduced to the SCA locally in about, hmm, 1986 or so.
I've been an active volunteer in many things since about 1990.
   As a scribe I have produced scrolls for the Ealdormere (the part
formally known as the Middle Kingdom), the East and the Barony of
Ruantallan.
   In addition to many other things, my stationers related arts
include calligraphy, wording and illumination. I would like to learn
more about about papermaking, gilding (on paper and leather) and
bookbinding.
   I recently got a chance to spend time in London and Greek. I now
have a number of photos (never enough though) of Greek and English
scrolls and other artifacts.
   Currently, I try to do non-English scrolls and will be working on a
second Greek project, now armed with photos from the Byzantine Museum
and the Meteroa. I like making scrolls that fit the persona of the
person getting the award.

     I would like, perhaps, in addition to meeting in person, to see a
Guild website with links, PDFs and articles by our Guild members for
all to use as a resource. Finding just the right information is, at
times, hard, and I would like us to utilize the resourcefulness of
other guild members.

    I look forward to learning from each other.

  in service,

 Elise ferch Morgan ap Owen, AoA, CI, OS, OM, OSagg
  Apprentice to Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood
  Lt General Archery Marshal-at-Large
  Captain, League of Rapier Academies