[EKStationers] EK Stationers Company -- opening discussion!

Baroness Temair grapefox at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 19:14:59 CDT 2005

> SKILL LEVELS/EXPERIENCE
> Novice –
> - teachable, willing and able to learn

Take the teachable out - too subjective.  Willing and
able to learn pretty much covers it.

> QUESTION: Who is responsible for determining when a
> person is ready to
> advance to journeyman or master?  How will this be
> done? How will it be
> recognized (ceremony, badge, cord, etc.)?

Tough questions.  Ibe possible idea: When someone
feels ready, they should contact a "Master" or
"Warden" to go over their "stuff" with them and then
present it to a jury of 3 "Masters" in that area for
review/advancement.  If 3 "Masters" are not available
for a particular area of study, for the promotion to
the rank of Journeyman, other Journeyman from that
area could "fill in" and for the promotion to the rank
of "Master," 1 Journeyman in that particular area may
be substituted for a "Master" and the other 1 or 2
"Masters" should (hopefully) be able to fill in from
other areas.

As for recognizing ranks...  How WAS it done in
period?  A new tool?  A "raise"?  I am kind of against
the badges and cords thing.  I'd might be willing to
hang it from my banner, but I probably would never
wear it.  How about signing our names in a book?  We
have been entered into the bok of apprentice on this
date, the book of Journeymen on this date and
"Masters" on this date (with specialties noted)?

> ELECTIONS
> Elections for Master Warden and Wardens to be held
> every ___ years.
> Elections to be held once company is established and
> stabilized.

2 years

> Discussion: Length of terms / No term limit / ?

As long as no one else is interested and the candidate
is confirmed, I am OK with no term limits for now.

~T