[EKStationers] An Tir's Domesday Boke - pictures (fwd)

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Fri Jul 29 19:57:19 CDT 2005

Forwarded from the SCA Binders list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:23:05 -0000
From: Alienor Sanz-Argent <marga at shaw.ca>
To: SCA-BINDERS at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SCA-BINDERS] An Tir's Domesday Boke - pictures

Hi, all, just wanted to let you know that the kingdom of An Tir
celebrated the 40th anniversary of the SCA by producing a
Domesday Boke).  The scribes and bookbinders worked for the
better part of a year, travelling and teaching, making sure every
branch could participate.

Over a period of about two weeks, the An Tir College of Book Arts
bound the completed manuscripts together (over 800 pages!) into
two enormous volumes.

Come visit our website and see how we did it!  Lots and lots of
pictures showing the whole process, and the presentation to
Royalty as well.

http://members.shaw.ca/bookbinders/

Best wishes, hope you all enjoy,
Alienor Sanz-Argent