[EKStationers] Bhakail vicinity bookbinding & Harshorn-dale Scribal Night

Rachael Schechter rschecht at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:05:30 CDT 2005

First - I have received only one reply to the post asking for date
preferences for a bookbinding class in June.  At this point, there won't
be one unless interest is expressed.

While we are at it, feel free to suggest dates for July.

And (out of period) is there interest in a modern bookbinding group?

Second: Hartshorn-dale is having a Scribal Night
Let's coordinate rides to this, if anyone is interested.

A quick recap:
What: a get-together for people interested in the
scribal arts (i.e. calligraphy and illumination)
Where: Limerick, at Baroness Brynn's house
When: Thursday, June 23, probably 7:30-ish
Who: anyone who has ever thought, "hmm... that might
be an interesting thing to try..." :)
Why: because it's fun!

Directions for Scribal Night.

Best route to 422.

If coming from King of Prussia or East of Limerick.
Use 422 West to the Limerick Exit.
At bottom of the ramp turn right onto Lewis Road.
Go about 1/2 mile and take left on West Cherry Lane.
Follow cheery lane to the end where there is a strange "Y" in the road bear
to your right. You are now on Limerick Center Road.
Go about 1 mile to Laurel Dr. it will be on your left. This is the Heritage
Ridge development. ( Note you will have passed Limerick Elementary school on
your right).

Turn Left onto Laurel Dr. then take the first right onto Azalea Circle
I am 141 Azalea Cr. Which means I'm up towards the back.
If you get lost call 610-495-0867.

If you should miss Laurel and find yourself at the red light with Dunkin
Donuts and CVS if front of you, grab a dozen donuts and turn around, Laurel
is just down the hill past the cemetery.

If you are coming from the west, take Limerick exit and turn Left at the
bottom of the ramp, then follow from above.

Should you be coming in from the Lansdale area drop me a line and I'll give
you some easier directions, but we don't want to confuse folks.
ladybrynn at yahoo.com

Third: Just because Hartshorn-dale is having a Scribal Night does not mean
that Chris is off the hook on teaching a class of his own.  I will be
bugging him more about that later in the summer.

And Raffaella - remind when you wanted to teach the woven wire jewelry
class for the Bailick?

 - Livia Petralia
mka Rachael Schechter