[EKStationers] Medieval Bookbinding in Bhakail

Rachael Schechter rschecht at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 6 12:24:51 CDT 2005

There will be two bookbinding meetings in October.

Class: Vade Mecums - compact book form which is eponymously designed to go
with you... often as a portable reference.  This class is based on the one
taught at Pennsic.
When: Thursday, October 20  7-9pm
Where: Meyerson Conference Room
       Van Pelt Library, 2nd floor (right by the elevators)
       University of Pennsylvania
       34th & Walnut, Philadelphia, PA  19104
Materials: included.  If you wish to bring a long scrap of trim at least
one inch thick, then we can make the books ready-to-wear.

Workshop: Scroll portfolios - a few months ago there was discussion on the
heralds list about making folders for scrolls to ease presentation and
shipping - if any scribes/heralds/whoever wish to give me dimensions and
specifics, then we can make a few and see how they come out.
When: Thursday, October 27  7-9pm
Where: Meyerson Conference Room
       (same as above)
Materials: I will place an order for a decent quantity of bookcloth
tonight, and I have plenty of binders board to spare.  Any preference for
colors or shall I just see what's on sale?

**Directions**

By public transit: the site is readily accessible by the 30, 42, and 21
buses; the 11, 13, 34, 36 and any other trolleys that are not the 10.

Parking: there is metered street parking (requiring coins until 8pm) and a
lot at 34th & Chestnut.

 - Livia Petralia
mka Rachael Schechter