[EKStationers] book

Helen Pinto hpinto at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 15 20:02:49 CDT 2005

Elsa wrote:
Dose anyone have the directions for the lovely books I kept seeing at the war with which people kept notes ? They were a simply bound affair with a leather wrapper, and a leather string to hold the leather cover in place. I was told this was a class at a couple Pennsics ago.

That's me again.  I teach it every pretty much every other year.  The ones I make are sold at the stave church at Pennsic.

I have the two hand-outs: one is the historical overview, sources, and bibliography; the second is the construction instructions.  They are both available as a MS Works Word documents (.wps), which are compatible with most versions of MS Word (.doc files).  Alternatively, I can re-format them to simple .txt files, but you'll lose the stitching diagrams that way.  I don't want to attach it to an e-mail to the list, so please contact me directly, if you'd like to have them.

            -Aidan, AEthelmearc