[EKStationers] Hrim Schola

Heather Gray march.hare at verizon.net
Sun Feb 17 09:11:15 CST 2008

Hi folks,

Lyle and I will be teaching at Hrim Schola. My class will be on chemise bindings, and his will be on.... some type of bookbinding (TBD later today).

Mistress Thora Sharptooth welcomes classes on the book arts, but says the schedule is filling up QUICKLY.

Folks, we have an opportunity to have an EK Stationers track at an event, the sort of thing some folks were talking about a year or so ago. It doesn't have to be Viking-oriented, so please don't worry about trying to figure out what 9th century Swedes/Finns/etc. were doing with printing or bookbinding (altho' I confess I _did_ give the bookbinding part a try last week...).

A class could be on something you've been doing research on yourself, or it could be something you learned in someone else's class -- just contact the teacher and ask, or if not possible, at least give credit where credit is due.  It could be some type of bookbinding, an overview of the history of printing, a calligraphy or illumination class (maybe focused on a type of book/time period to narrow it down), basic printing class, discussion of woodblock printing (maybe including a list of some suppliers, show them the tools, etc.).   They have a room where you can do messy stuff like papermaking, too.

Hrim Schola is a great event; they've always had classes I wanted to take, and also they have one of the best dayboards around ;)

Mistress Thora can be reached at: capriest at cs.vassar.edu

Thanks!

Elwynne,
Clerk

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
                                                         - Mahatma Ghandi

As lives the Earth, so shall we live.
                                                         - me