[EKStationers] Stress, Birka, Classes at Hrim Schola

mandy poirier nitty_kitty at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 11:46:09 CST 2008

Been hit with a lot of RL lately, but that can happen any time of year. I do suspect that I won't be making any paper products (paper and/or printing) until late Spring... which is just as well as it tends to get really messy!

Mergriet

Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:06:08 -0500From: march.hare at verizon.netTo: ekstationers at lists.gallowglass.orgSubject: [EKStationers] Stress, Birka, Classes at Hrim Schola

Hi everyone,

How's everyone doing these days? The list has been pretty much silent, which is why Lyle delayed the stationers presentation from 12th Night to Birka. And it's continue to be silent...

Is everyone too stressed out by other things in life and doesn't have time for making things?  Kayleigh, I know you have a scroll due at Birka, so no going and feeling guilty!

How are people doing? Do we need to change when the presentations occur? Maybe this time of year just isn't the best for most folks.

****
I miss hearing what projects people are doing in general, too. Any new bookbinding projects, or printing, or?

****
We've been asked to put together a class track for Hrim Schola this year. Lyle and I have already volunteered, but more people would be welcome!  How about an overview on the history, materials and tools for woodblock printing?  Or on letterpress printing?  Or making some type of book?  Those map-type books were interesting to see, for instance...

YIS,

Elwynne,
Clerk

You must be the change you want to see in the world.                                                         - Mahatma Ghandi

As lives the Earth, so shall we live.                                                         - me