[EKStationers] Birka

Lyle H. Gray gray at cs.umass.edu
Mon Jan 21 19:57:12 CST 2008

Hey all.

Our plans to attend Birka have changed.

As hard as we tried to make a go of it, we made the decision
tonight to not go to Birka, neither as merchants nor guests.
Between the physical therapy and general recovery from shoulder
surgery last November, judging Elwynne's current energy level and
how well she did after Kingdom 12th Night (completely worn out),
it was becoming clear to us that she is not ready for
participating at Birka.

Combined with the fact that none of us really have much ready
by way of gifts in the name of the Company, it looks like we
will have to postpone any presentation to the Royalty after
all.

Heather Rose MacGordon suggested Spring Coronation.  That is
sounding like a most excellent plan. ;-)  Truthfully, considering
how everyone's energies have been focused this season, it was
sounding like an excellent plan for this year anyway.

So, let's plan on doing our next presentation at Coronation, with
gifts for both sets of Royalty, appropriate to whether they are
stepping down or stepping up.

Regards,
M. Lyle FitzWilliam
Master of the Worshipful Company of Stationers of the East
Kingdom

--
Lyle H. Gray
gray at cs.umass.edu -- text only, please