[EKStationers] whats up from Elise

Corinne Lewandowski corinne.lewandowski at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:18:25 CST 2008

Greetings from Elise in Ruantallan

Well it's darn cold up here!

I've been busy on a few things. Mostly, I've secured an excellent full time
that is letting me go to Estrella! Yeah I've been working with them for five
months and I'm getting a week off to go before they "hire" me direct!
Huzzah! It will be my first Estrella War. My armour is already on the way to
Birka to get there via a land route.

I've done, in 2007, about 8 scrolls for the Signet. Most of which I did the
just the calligraphy, some of which I did both. This month I did two
scrolls. One calligraphy for a Birka SC and one calligraphy for a Ruantallan
Order of the Iceberg. I've done about three scrolls in non-English text -
Russian, Norse Runes and Greek to date.

My armour and my calligraphy are at Birka, but not me! ; )

I've also recently taught myself how to make a soft coptic book. I found
instructions by someone (by Googling). I've done three of these books now. I
gifted on to our Coronet, one to a student/gaming buddy of mine. These two
had soft leather covers.

I also did a book like this with a cloth cover as another friend is a vegan
and preferred not to have leather.

Lord Donal in our area has been steadily teaching *many* other people these
skills he learned (and has improved upon) when Master Lyle last taught a
class up here. He has shown a lot of people stitching techniques and sits
and putters at events making books and adding to atmosphere.

We are attracting more scribes, illuminators, and people interested in
stationary arts. I let people know about the guild  when I talk about
stationary arts.

My 15 year old archery student is now becoming the 15-year old A&S student.
He did his first illumination in November and after seeing the works at 12th
night, he said he really wants to commit to learning more about
illumination.

In the future, I plan on holding a class/workshop on working with period
pigments. Likely in March as I will be beatin' in heads, er, visiting
another kingdom, in February. My trip to Estrella will be via Ealdormere.
While I cannot get to the events there, I plan on searching for cheap art
supplies such as the bookbinding linen - which we get for about $1.30 per
yard here.

That's me! Have a grand time everyone! Wish I were there!

Elise ferch Morgan ap Owen

 . . .  who will be getting back on the road for events now that I have a
flexible job.

--
"The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When
mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers."

Thich Nhat Hanh
Vietnamese Monk