[EKStationers] Not sure if this applies to us, but...

Kayleigh McWhyte secret.scribe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:34:57 CDT 2008

I came across this while surfing through Etsy's blog today (for those
unawares, Etsy is a handmade alternative to eBay, with shops only, and
workshops available for craftsy stuff - they're based out of Brooklyn,
NY).

Local guildmembers to the NYC area might be able to make it...

--Kayleigh

When: 6-18-08, 6-9pm
Where: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Etsy%20Labs

http://etsylabs.etsy.com

Class: Bookbinding: Simple Sewn Book Structures Date: Wednesday, June
18, 2008 Time: 6-9pm Location: Etsy Labs, 325 Gold Street 6th Floor,
Brooklyn, NY 11201. Description: Learn how to make simple sewn books
and wow your friends! This workshop that will center around the
creation of Japanese stab-bound books, pamphlet stitched books, and
other simple sewn book variations. These quick sewn bookbinding
techniques are very useful skills to have under your belt for making
anything from zines to flip books to notebooks. Please bring the
following supplies to class: -paper (optional--paper will be
available) -bone folder (optional--we'll have extras at the Labs) -awl
(optional--we'll have extras at the Labs) -any ribbons, yarn, thread,
embroidery floss, and other ephemera that you might be interested in
incorporating into your books If you have questions about materials or
requirements, feel free to contact julie at etsy.com. There are only 8
spaces available in total so sign up quickly! Class fee is $50.00.
This class will be led by Julie Schneider, aka
YourSecretAdmiral.etsy.com. She specializes in making art and objects
out of scavenged and recycled paper and fabric. She loves the pamphlet
stitch.

--
Mrs. Elizabeth Regnier
Artist, Owner: Archeress Arts