[EKStationers] Opportunity for the Company

Lyle H. Gray lylefitzw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:45:22 CDT 2011

Greetings to the List!

The following is forwarded from the incoming Chancellor of the East
Kingdom University.  I would like to collect feedback on the idea to
forward to her.  Personally, I like it! ;-)

This would allow an opportunity to teach, to learn, to share, to get
others involved, to increase our visibility, and to give me more
things to write about for our quarterly report to the kingdom minister
of Arts & Sciences (speaking of which, I have some paperwork to do...)

Regards,
Lyle FitzWilliam
Master of the Company

------------------
Greetings!

As the incoming Chancellor of the East Kingdom University (my term
starts officially July 1 and will be announced in that month's edition
of the Pikestaff), I would like to run an idea by you. The idea is to
have an East Kingdom University event based around a celebration of
the Guilds of the East Kingdom. The idea for a guild-centric event was
relayed to me by Madame Brunissende based on multiple conversations
she had with people as she was taking office as MOAS. The idea would
need to be developed further, but, at its most basic, it would involve
organizing the event so that guilds would advertise, recruit members,
hold meetings, display their crafts, and teach classes at multiple
skill levels to both their members and to the populace at large.

As the incoming chancellor, I am looking for a way to increase
interest in the EKU. Many groups seem to be holding their own
independent scholas and universities these days, so it seems that to
draw interest from the populace, the EKU needs to do something
different and unique.  I think that an annual EKU Guild event might
just help reinvigorate the EKU,  while at the same time supporting the
activities of EK guilds.

What I'm looking for at the moment is to see how many of you are
interested in such an idea, and how many of you would be would be
willing to support the idea by attendance at such an event, and/or by
actively encouraging the members of your guilds to attend, hold
meetings, and teach classes.

Please let me know what you think!

In Service,
-Lissa