[EKStationers] An "Arts & Sciences" Evening with OLD BOOKS . . . RSVP!

woodwindy woodwindy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:25:27 CDT 2011

Bonjour mes amis!

I'm forwarding this from the Bhakail list, the original sender being
my boss. :) I hope to see some of you there -- if you're non-local and
would like crash space, let me know!

         -Sabine

This is to let all ye gentles know that the Philadelphia Rare Books &
Manuscripts Co., daily haunt of ye Baroness Sabine and your writer,
will host a special Open House for SCAdians and some selected others
on Thursday, 3 November, from 4:30-8 p.m.  Books and snacks will both
await you here in plenty; parking is close, ample, and free; and we're
easy to get to - just two turns and two lights from exit 27 of I-95,
with exact directions to be sent to all those announcing intention to
come.

The lady Sabine has personally selected a gathering of early books all
from the 15th and 16th centuries  - and some later ones relating to
SCA Arts & Science interests as well - which she'll be specially glad
to show you and hand you to play with.  If you'd like a bit of
orientation as to what you might see and handle while visiting, along
these lines,, here are links to some of the illustrated catalogues
that strike Sabine and me as most likely to reward your viewing:

<http://www.prbm.com/_Incunables.php>
<http://www.prbm.com/_16th_Century_Books.php>
<http://www.prbm.com/_Military_Naval.php>
<http://www.prbm.com/_Cookery_Gastronomy.php>
<http://www.prbm.com/_Manuscripts.php>

~ but, for other possibilities, do see also:
  <http://www.prbm.com/_The_Catalogue_of_WEB_Catalogues.php>
~ because for example, the catalogue of "Books in Italian" might be
fun to browse if you are SCAdian'ly "Italian"!

:)

We should stress it that your kind "RSVP" will be needed for this Arts
& Sciences evening; both book and snack preparations are still in the
planning stage but we do need to get a decent idea of how many folk
will be coming to join us here.  So at your earliest convenience
please let us know if you are *either* a "Yes" or a "Maybe, it depends
. . . "

We'll then be sure that you get updates!

You should feel free to forward this message (or relevant bits of it)
as you may choose, only being sure that people receiving it realize
that they too will need to let us know that they're coming.

We hope to hear from you, and to see you!

Yours,
Generica Ethnica
/ Cynthy Buffington
   PRB&M Partner
    *&* Sabine / Wendy Gale
        Senior Cataloguer

PRB&M/SessaBks (The Philadelphia Rare Books & Manuscripts Company, LLC)
David Szewczyk & Cynthia Davis Buffington, Proprietors
  * Members ABAA & ILAB ~ Est. 1984, "SessaBks" 2001
  * 215.744.6734 (tel) & 215.744.6137 (fax)
  * Email rarebks at prbm.com
  * Visit us by appointment!

BROWSE the "departments, aisles, and shelves" of our
     extensive & highly illustrated INDEPENDENT WEBSITE @
       WWW.PRBM.COM  www.prbm.com/_Newest_Arrivals.php
          www.prbm.com/_The_Catalogue_of_WEB_Catalogues.php
          www.prbm.com/_The_Featured_Book_Gallery.php