[EKStationers] Greetings

Lyle H. Gray lylefitzw at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:10:07 CDT 2012

Welcome to the list, Aurddeilen.

Regards,
Lyle

From: Ray Becker
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:09 PM
To: ekstationers at lists.gallowglass.org
Subject: [EKStationers] Greetings

Good day to all!

I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My Scadian name is Aurddeilen-ap-Robet (yes, it's one of those crazy unpronoucable welsh names, and it literally translates to mean "Gold Leaf, son of Robert"). I have been a society member for over 30 years, and have an great interest in books, printing, illumination, and stationary items from all time periods, not just specifically medieval. One of my great passions is collecting Victorian inkwells, and I currently have a rather large collection.
Our shire recently held a bookbinding class in April, and I hope we have more such classes in the future.

On another note, my shire is in the early stages of planning a Medieval Science Fair to be held in late Fall of this year. I would like to extend an invitation to all of you to attend and/or participate. The event is specically geared towards the sciences, and we would welcome anyone who would like to give a demonstration of thier talents. If you are interested, you can contact me off list at rustic_adornments at yahoo.com.

Many Thanks,
Auddeilen-ap-Robet
Minister of Arts and Sciences
Shire of Buckland Cross