[Sca-librarians] exchange rate history

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 01:02:02 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: M C Grasse <grasse at mscd.edu>

I am usually pretty good at hunting down the information I need, but in
this particular case I am coming up mostly empty.
I have been asked to find what the exchange rate was for  the German
Mark (aka Deutsche Mark and in the first case probably Reichs Marks) to
US Dollars in 3 specific years.

I get the vague impression from various websites, that there was no fixed exchange rate until the currency reform in June, 1948, but what do I know?

You might try emailing Cariadoc, as economics is one of his professional specialties.  He would have
1. access to the right books
2. the ability to understand them.

His email is ddfr at daviddfriedman.com

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain