[Sca-librarians] Librarian with Scandinavian skills

Anna Troy owly3 at yahoo.se
Sat Jan 22 07:28:03 CST 2005

Hi all.
Having worked in various Swedish Libraries for the
last 5 years I would like to widen my horizon and try
working, or interning, at an English-speaking library
for a month or longer.

I’m an American citizen with English as my first
language and I have a Swedish MLS. I also have a Major
in Northern European Archaeology and I’ve studied some
Art History. That aside I’ve mainly worked as a
Reference Librarian, both at various Public Libraries
(both Adult and Children) and in a smaller College
Library. I’ve also done everything from cataloging to
mending books to interlibrary loan as well as interned
at Utah Valley State College Library in Orem, Utah.

I’m mostly interested in working at a Public or
College/University library but if someone needs help
with their collection of Scandinavian literature (I’m
fluent in Swedish, can manage Norwegian, Danish and
German) just write. My current temp job ends in June
so I’d be willing to start earliest in July. I’m also
a bit of a crafts maven and would be able to hold
classes for your local SCA group in various subjects,
including how to make medieval shoes, Naalbinding and
Illumination.

So what’s the catch? Well, I’d need some help finding
a place to stay (without furry animals, I’m allergic)
and I don’t have a driver’s license. So, if anyone is
interested please write me a note either reply to this
address or to anna.troy at leksand.se

Anna Troy,

Lady Anna de Byxe

=====