[Sca-librarians] Re: Cool book catalog

cat_herder at comcast.net cat_herder at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 15:36:29 CDT 2005

 Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:54:49 -0400
> From: Sharon Custer
> Subject: Re: [Sca-librarians] Cool book catalog
> >
> Looks like a clone of the program I've been using for the last 6 years
> called Readerware. Readerware also allows you to download book catalog
> information from the web, and lets you choose sites, supports ISBN
> importing, and allows you to just scan the ISBN using a barcode
> reader. For more info: http://www.readerware.com
>
> --
> Elaine

Elaine,

I downloaded the trail version and really like it, but before I pay for the full version I have a question. My husband is the librarian for our shire, we need a program that we can put on a web site for the shire members to access and be able to search the database for shire library books. Do you know if Readerware program can do it?

In the trail version you can export to a webpage html but it is not searchable. It's just a fixed list of the information like a printed page and you have to read every entry to see if it is a --say--viking book.

Dianne