[Sca-librarians] purpose

Nancy Shapiro NShapiro at rohmhaas.com
Tue Jul 12 11:00:46 CDT 2005

How about 'sharing resources'?  Or does that come under 'networking'?  You
could also throw something in about bibliographic instruction?  Surely
_some_ of us have done a class or even an informal worksession on 'how to
find what you want', and generally expanding people's horizons as to what
really cool stuff is out there?  Not to mention your own really wonderful
handout: Jadwiga's Historical Research in the Modern Library

Just out of curiosity, do you refer to it as an SCA Librarians group
(necessitating an explanation of the SCA) or just as the 'Librarians of
the Knowne World', figuring that any closet SCAdians will understand, and
everyone else will just think your group had an excess of frivolity with
the name?  :-)

Ki-lin
'Cranky reference librarian in a small town'  (Yeah, well - some of us
occasionally have a hard time with 'pleasant')

sca-librarians-bounces+nshapiro=rohmhaas.com at lists.gallowglass.org wrote
on 07/11/2005 05:45:45 PM: