[Sca-librarians] [Arhylda@aol.com: [SCA-Laurels] AEthelmearc AEcademy Library Opportunity]

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jun 15 14:01:56 CDT 2005

FYI:

Subject: [SCA-Laurels] AEthelmearc AEcademy Library Opportunity

Late-breaking news! As you can read below, Sir Mord the Green has made a
connection (with the help of Lady Odrianna) with the librarians at
Carnegie-Mellon University and will be offering a unique opportunity at this  weekend's
AEcademy event.

If you are interested in participating, please send Mord an email at
_barhus at aol.com_ (mailto:barhus at aol.com)  ASAP. Sorry for the late notice-  just
getting the final details locked into place...

Maria A.S. (for Mord)
Chancellor, AEthelmearc AEcademy
(AEthelmearc-Research - yes, I am married to an ILL/Research  Librarian!)

Unlocking the Library

Contrary to popular belief, libraries are not havens for failed genetic
experiments in sensible shoes.  Libraries are places of endless inquiry  where
questions are answered and problems solved.  Yet, many folks find  libraries
places of maddening confusion and frustration.  Mord the Green,  knight,
intellectual refugee, and librarian is here to be your guide on the path  to
enlightenment.  Mord will discuss library organization, search  strategies, and simple
methods of documenting.

But wait, there???s more.  Since this talk will be on the campus of
Carnegie-Mellon University, Mord has arranged to visit Hunt Library, where  research may
actually be conducted!  Through the good offices of Hunt  Library???s
administration, they even know we are coming!  They only ask that  you tell us in
advance so they how many of us are coming and be prepared!   Please sign-up by
sending me an email at _barhus at aol.com_ (mailto:barhus at aol.com)  ASAP. We will
also have a  sign-up sheet at the Aecademy.